Coastal Megacities are especially vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
- Sea levels are rising and will worsen flood risks
- Tropical cyclones and other extreme weather events are expected to have more serious impacts on areas with a high concentration of people and resources
- Typhoons can also give rise to higher and stronger storm surges.
Why Metro Manila?
Metro Manila has already experienced the destructive effects of typhoons. We need to learn from these disasters and be PROACTIVE by preparing ourselves to avoid the next disaster.
Being proactive means knowing:
- The hazards to which we are exposed
- Why we are vulnerable
- How we are vulnerable
- What we can do to manage risks.